Compare 7 Mobile Plan Providers in New Zealand
Joining Warehouse Mobile is as easy as buying a new SIM card and popping it in your phone. You can bring your phone with you or buy a new one - it’s up to you. To get connected, all you have to do is call 800, follow the prompts, top-up, and you're all set to go. Warehouse mobile provides one of the easiest ways to get an NZ mobile plan.
Why choose Warehouse Mobile?
- 90-day Roll Over Credit - When you top-up again within 90 days, any unused credit will be extended. At the end of 31 days, any unused data can roll over for up to 90 days. Just purchase another data pack before expiry.
- Top-ups from $10 - Available from over 8,000 locations including all Warehouse Stationery & The Warehouse stores.
Warehouse Mobile has got you covered in 98.5% of places where us Kiwis live and work.
Slingshot knows how important it is to be connected online through their NZ mobile plans. They've worked hard to make their services simple, affordable and stress-free - because they know you've got more important things to spend your time on than fiddling around with your internet. They offer a variety of different mobile plans that cater to a range of different needs.
Why choose Slingshot?
- Easy SIM set up - Slingshot SIM is easy to set up. Simply snap out the right size SIM card, dial 6886 to activate it, and then register it at Slingshot website to start the process of transferring your existing number over.
- Save with bundle discounts - If you are a Slingshot Broadband customer, they will knock $5 off each mobile plan you have with them every 30 days. This means that the more accounts you have with them, the more savings!
- Available nationwide - Slingshot Mobile is provided via the Spark network. You can bring your number too if it's on a different NZ mobile plan.
- Great range of add-ons - You can purchase affordable add-ons such as a more data, more calling minutes, and more texts. Top-up your mobile with cash allowance to make international calls or send premium SMS messages like PXTs.
- Prepay mobile with postpay billing - With Slingshot Mobile, you have the price certainty of a prepay mobile service, with the convenience of being billed on your monthly Slingshot invoice.
Vodafone Mobile is one of the biggest NZ mobile plan providers. They have a wide range of mobile plans available, including Unlimited Mobile Plans and capped mobile plans packages with different data limits and benefits. Depending on your plan, you can also add Vodafone Passes to them. This allows you to enjoy endless data on New Zealand’s favourite social, video, music or chat apps.
What can a Vodafone pass include?
- Endless social data - Like, snap, tweet, and pin with endless data on NZ’s favourite social apps including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Endless chat data - Enjoy sharing, video calling, group chats and connecting with friends and family with endless data on Messenger, WhatsApp and Viber.
- Endless music data - Stream your music on the go with endless data on Apple Music, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Rova and more.
- Endless video data - Enjoy binge-watching anywhere with endless data on Netflix, NEON, SKY GO, Vodafone TV, and TVNZ On Demand.
In a nutshell, Skinny is dedicated to stripping everything back, so you only pay for stuff you want, and at super low prices. They are focused on providing award-winning prepaid-only mobile and broadband to New Zealanders. Skinny’s Mobile and Roaming plans cater to a variety of needs and include a wide range of benefits.
Why choose Skinny?
- Spark Network - Skinny Mobile is powered by the Spark 4G network– and 4G makes everything you do on your phone faster!
- Super low prices - Tiny top-ups and plans from as little as $5!
- Keep your number - Bring your existing mobile number with you – it’s free!
They are an award-winning NZ mobile plan provider! The award list includes Consumer Trusted 2016-18, Consumer NZ People's Choice 2016-18, Canstar Blue 'Most Satisfied Customers' mobile prepaid 2015-18, Canstar Blue 'Most Satisfied Customers’.
Two Degrees Mobile Limited - as they are officially known - is New Zealand's newest full-service telecommunications provider. 2degrees is backed by an unique partnership of both international and Kiwi investors. This partnership has enabled them to build a brand new mobile network, helping them to cover 97% of the places that Kiwis live and work in. In March 2015, 2degrees also acquired NZ's fourth largest ISP, and now offer broadband services as well as mobile and roaming to Kiwis across the country.
Why choose 2degrees?
- WiFi Calling - 2degrees is the only network in NZ that lets you use WiFi to make calls when reception is iffy.
- Data Clock - You can buy unlimited mobile data with the Data Clock app for as little as 40c for 15 minutes.
- Carryover Data & Minutes - All of your unused mobile data and minutes carry over each month and last up to a year; so you don’t lose what you don’t use.
Freedom Plans - Enjoy no long term contracts and the freedom to change plans if your needs change. Choose a plan that's right for you and get a new smartphone interest free over 12, 24, or 36 months.
Spark Mobile is one of the biggest mobile and roaming plans providers in New Zealand. They have a range of different NZ mobile plans available, including Unlimited Mobile Plans and Capped mobile plans packages; all with different data limits and benefits. Depending on the mobile plan that you choose, you can enjoy a range of freebies and benefits.
Why choose Spark?
- Rollover Mobile Data & Talk - Never waste unused data or minutes again! Carry over any of your unused data and calling minutes to the next month
- Music - Get more of what you love with access to music pre-sale tickets & exclusive concert experiences.
- Spotify Premium - Spotify Premium is included for up to 24 months on selected Pay Monthly mobile plans. This subscription excludes plan sharers.
- Lightbox - A Lightbox Standard Plan is included for selected Spark Pay Monthly plans.
- Free WiFi every day - With over 1000 WiFi zones over New Zealand, it’s even easier to stay connected. Available on selected plans only.
Kogan Mobile offers one of the cheapest prepay plans in New Zealand. Originally started in Australia, the telecommunications company branched out in NZ in 2019 to be a new player in the mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) industry.
Kogan Mobile Plans NZ only offers detailed and comprehensive prepay plans, with varying prices and contract period. Kogan may not give lots of extras like other providers, but what they offer are straightforward plans. You can even score a discounted plan if you choose a 12-month contract with them! Compare Kogan prepay mobile plans using glimp to know your best options among the best mobile plan providers NZ.
glimp is a comparison website for utilities, such as broadband, power and gas. glimp has helped thousands of New Zealanders find the best broadband deals since January 2016. The glimp.co.nz broadband comparison and switching service is designed to help you save time and money by finding you the best broadband deal from the right provider, and at the best price.