AA Life Insurance
Having provided help with insurance for over 115 years, AA continues to innovate their insurance offerings and services. Not every Kiwi has the same needs, and AA takes that into account when creating their suite of insurance products. AA Life Insurance can provide a good safety net for your beneficiaries in the event of your passing, with different types of offers depending on your needs.
AA is proud to work with Asteron Life, who is the one in charge of underwriting AA Life Insurance Policy. Try their insurance policy today for cover backed by one of the most experienced and trusted brands in NZ!
Why choose AA Life Insurance?
If you're having a hard time finding the right life insurance, the AA Life team is here to help you with their easy-to-understand end-of-life cover. Their cover will be essential for providing financial support for your dependents just in case. AA Life Insurance is:
Quick - Get an insurance quote with a fast application you can complete in just 15-30 minutes!
Simple - No need for complicated medical checks upon application for life cover. Keep the whole process simple with AA Life Insurance.
Trusted - Insure yourself with NZ’s most trusted life insurance brand! With over 115 years of experience under their belt, you can rest assured that you’re covered by a reliable company!
Supportive - AA’s customer care team is always ready to help you with any questions you may have on your policy! You can also use AA Life Insurance’s calculator to help get a more accurate estimate for your needs.
Types of AA Life Insurance Policies NZ
AA Insurance Life Cover
AA Insurance Life Cover is a simple policy that pays out a tax-free, lump sum for up to $1 million if you pass away or are diagnosed with a terminal illness. Under this cover, you can also get up to $15,000 early for funeral costs.
Things you need to know about your AA Insurance Life Cover:
- Life Cover isn’t an investment policy so once you cancel past the no-obligation period discussed later, you’re not eligible to receive refunds on your benefits or premiums.
- Anyone aged 16-59 years old can apply for the policy.
- Suicide is not covered within the first 13 months of the cover.
- You may nominate a beneficiary which allows the payout to your cover to be made to someone you choose, bypassing your estate, and making it more accessible faster.
- Some exclusions may apply depending on your circumstances. AA will tell you about it during the application process.
AA Insurance Funeral Cover
AA Funeral Insurance has a guaranteed underwriting acceptance and covers up to $30,000 for funeral expenses and other associated costs. An early payout for terminal illness is also available after two years of cover, further helping you get your end-of-life affairs in order.
Things you need to know about your AA Insurance Funeral Cover:
- Anyone aged 50 to 79 years old can apply for cover.
- Should you die of natural causes in the first 24 months, all premiums paid will be refunded.
- Your full cover amount will also be paid out should you pass away while the policy has been in full force for 2 years.
- Depending on your circumstances, you may even be able to apply for a premium holiday for up to six months.
AA Insurance Accidental Death Cover
This is a simple insurance policy that pays out a lump sum of $500,000 to your chosen beneficiary should you pass away in an accident. This would help your family pay for any costs as if you were still alive, allowing them a small safety net just in case.
Things you need to know about your AA Insurance Accidental Death Cover:
- Like AA Insurance Life Cover, this isn’t an investment policy so you don’t get any refunds on your premiums or benefits once you cancel past the no-obligation period.
- Anyone aged 16 to 74 years old can apply.
- Deaths unrelated to accidents or injuries won’t be covered under the policy such as illness, criminal or illegal acts, flying on a non-scheduled flight or piloting an aircraft, serving in the armed forces, and having high blood alcohol content in excess of the NZ driving limit.
- You can nominate a beneficiary if you want someone specific to receive the benefits of your cover.
- It may reach a point where you pay more in premiums than what is guaranteed in your cover. In that instance, you may want to look into alternatives like savings and investments.
AA Insurance Cancer Care
AA Insurance Cancer Care provides up to $100,000 towards helping your dependents deal with the financial burden of dealing with certain types of cancer and its treatment. You can receive cover regardless of what stage your cancer is.
Things you need to know about your AA Insurance Cancer Cover:
- Cancer Care policies expire once you reach 65 years of age and since it’s not an investment policy, you’re not eligible for refunds for any premiums already paid when this happens.
- Premiums are reviewed annually and it’s usually bound to increase as you get older.
- No claims will be paid if it arises directly or indirectly from a pre-existing condition present five years before the cover started or renewed.
- Early payout of $5,000 if you’re diagnosed with early-stage cancer 90-days after your cover starts or restarted, provided you’re still alive after 14 days after diagnosis.
- Some types of cancer will not be covered under the policy. You can discuss this once you apply with AA Cancer Cover.