Calculated balances are only estimates and based on various assumptions. The estimated retirement balance should not be relied upon in isolation when making decisions. Please take into consideration other fund details.
We recommend that you seek professional advice from a suitable authorised or registered financial adviser which takes into account your personal circumstances before making an investment decision.
Retirement Balance - How the calculator works?
Some assumptions made:
- Your salary is consistent and doesn't change.
- The return used to make the calculation is the average return since the fund started and assumes that it will remain the same until your retirement age.
- Your employer’s contribution rate: 3% and remains constant over the life of your contribution. The calculator does not take into account the ESCT (employer superannuation contribution tax) rate.
- Projected results are not adjusted for inflation of 2% per year.
- It is assumed that you don’t take any holiday contributions, make any early withdrawals or contribute any lump sums.
- We use KiwiSaver data from the official FMA website.