State helps make it convenient for users to pay off their premiums. It’s easy to pay annually via credit card, EFTPOS, or even cash at an NZ post shop. It’s also possible to pay weekly or fortnightly via direct debit.
Filing a State Contents Insurance claim takes just a few steps. Simply log in to your My State account or give them a call on 0800 80 24 24, in order to claim for both home and contents damage. Prepare the following information in order to help expedite your claims process:
Description of the damage your belongings sustained
1. How the damage occurred
2. Date and time of the incident
3. Precautions you have taken to prevent any further damage
When claiming for contents, take note of further information you may need to provide:
1. If you’re paying any finance on the items you are making a claim for
3. Age of the items
3. When and where you purchased your items
There’s certain situations where you’re not covered in your policy. Examples of these are:
1. Loss by flood, landslides, or storms within the first 48 hours of taking out the policy
2. Confiscation of goods by government or local authorities
3. Consequential losses
4. Damage or liability due to erosion
5. Electronic data loss
6. Mechanical and electrical appliances damage caused by electricity
7. Loss connected to structural additions unless allowed in your policy
8. Loss or contamination by an unlawful substance
9. Damage caused by pests like insects and rodents
10. Reckless or intentional damage
11. Faults and defects resulting from gradual wear and tear
Yes. Simply complete a cancellation request form on their website and provide your reasons for cancelling your policy.
Thinking of cancelling your policy? Try out glimp’s comparison tool for free! Start your research right and get all the best insurance deals all in one page.
I’ve just had a great experience with Kurt from glimp compare. He helped me through the process from the time I clicked onto the website, via the chat function. Long story short I have signed up to a new power and broadband provider with significant cost savings. There was no pressure at any stage, just respectful guidance and facilitation to initiate the new supply.
Easiest service to use and knowledgeable and experienced staff. Made switching power and broadband stress free! Thanks Jamie S, they answered all my questions I had about starting a new connection for broadband and power - even better than calling Slingshot direct as I got 3 months free internet and credit for using my own modem :)
Virtually instant contact after filling out online form. Great rep - friendly and informative, great deal made for cheaper power, overall so far so good 😁
Thank you Glimp and Larry G for helping me today. Larry contacted me real quick to answer my questions and help me with my trouble about the Power provider. He also explained to me what are the difference between my current and the new provider. Thank you!
very confusing. I signed up, completed my details and it was sent to Stuff. I then get notified to sign up on Stuff, so I do that and get an order notification. I then get an email an hour later from Glimp asking me to complete my order by following the link, and to hurry so as not to miss out. I am then taken to a Stuff page again to complete an order that is not the order I signed up for, i.e. 4 months half price not the 6 months half price I agreed to. So I have no idea now what the status is and what deal stuff think I am on.