Is your internet down? Hold your horses and chill out – it happens sometimes. In no time, your broadband provider will fix your internet and everything will come back to normal; but the meantime, stop your game, pause your Netflix, and enjoy the time of no internet this quarantine season.
To keep yourself entertained, here are 20 foolproof and easy things you can do at home while on lockdown.
- Reset your router. Maybe it’s your router that’s acting up again, so follow basic troubleshooting steps first.
- Contact your broadband provider. Check whether a notification outage has been posted. You may also call them to ask how long and why the outage happened.
- Time to catch up on reading. Dust off the books that you’ve hauled for a long time, and start your long-overdue reading.
- Take a power nap. Close your eyes and wrap yourself under the blanket. When you wake up, your internet connection should be restored.
- Improve your skills. Do you know the basics of photo or video editing? Time to improve your skills – and who knows, you may even earn extra income from it!
- Watch TV. Catch up on your favourite Kiwi show – there may be another season coming up! Perhaps, it’s time to turn on the news to watch updates about COVID-19.
- Reorganize your closet. You may have piles of clothes that you don’t use anymore. Let go of that pink shirt in your closet – you probably won’t use it again!
- Communicate with your family. Catch up with your parents and siblings. Also try calling your grannies, you’ll be a relief of fresh air to them amidst the pandemic.
- Workout time! Burn those calories and catch up on exercise without distractions. Remember your six-pack abs 2020 goal? Time to accomplish that!
- Learn how to cook. Have some extra ingredients at home? Experiment dishes like never before! You may have just discovered your hidden talent.
- Finish your chores. You see those piles of laundry? It’s the best time to clear those up now that you’re stuck at home.
- Think about life. What are the things that you need to let go? What can you do to improve yourself? It may be the best time to reflect about life during this lockdown.
- Get bored. Embrace the boredness! Why not just lie down on the couch or out on the porch, and just observe the birds chirping and flowers blooming.
- Pick up an instrument. Take out your guitar that you used to play. Bring back the memories of every chord, and the struggle in every strum!
- Sing along with the tunes. Turn on the karaoke machine and start destressing. You may get a sore throat afterwards, but you’ll surely have a happy heart too!
- Get your hands crafty. Have a DIY project idea for your room or living room? It may be the best time to start working on it, now that you have free time!
- Start gardening. You may want to curate your garden and start the plant life. It may be hard work for now, but you’ll surely reap a delicious harvest later on.
- Plan your trip. Travel may be limited because of COVID-19, but that shouldn’t stop you from planning! Do you want a tropical getaway or a safari adventure? Plan it now.
- Play some childhood games. Do you have some board and card games tucked in your cupboard? Time to play it with your family!
- Clean your room. Got moulds building up in your closet? Time to clean your room and feel refreshed amidst the pandemic.
While having an occasional internet outage may be acceptable for a short period, it can be infuriating when it goes on for a long time. After all, broadband has become a vital part of many Kiwis’ lives this quarantine. So, ditch the unacceptable broadband outage and look for a better provider!
Here at glimp, we’ll help you switch to a better provider with a plan to suit your needs. Compare with us and get tailored results in just a few minutes.